~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Why am I Doing BFL?

My over arching reasons...

  • To learn how to balance my protein, carb and fat intake. Since I don't eat much meat I know I have been eating too many carbs. I also know I use the excuse , "but it's a good fat", a little too often.
  • To develop a workout discipline that will allow me to make significant gains and lean muscle mass and significant losses in body fat. Not that I ever plan on entering a Miss Olympia tournament, but for the longest time I have wanted to have muscle definition; and a bit more than the average woman would be grand!
  • To follow a plan that's sole focus is not on the food I eat. I do find the BFL food plan to be restrictive, especially since I can't have dairy and most of the food I eat is considered a carb. But it will force me to think about what I eat, develop new strategies for meal planning and examine my desire to avoid meat.

My immediate reasons...
  • To kick start my lazy ass into do something about how fat it is! Seems harsh but it is true!
  • To lose weight. I know that really isn't the focus of BFL but I also know enough about human physiology to know that at 240 pounds, eating right and working out is going to make the weight start falling off. I also think that with BFL, I will develop habits that will make that weight loss continue past the 12 week period.
My goals for this 12 weeks...
  • Get down to a weight of 205. I really want to be 200 but I think that is an unrealistic goal. Losing two pounds a week, I would hit 211. I also think goals should be set a hair higher than you think you are capable of achieving. As you have probably read in my previous post, I am a scale hater, so if I don't hit the exact number I want, I will survive. I don't know what to expect measurement wise so I chose not to try to come up with a measurement goal. However, if I can get into the the stack of pants in the top of my closet at the end of 12 weeks I will be ecstatic.
  • Start training for a 5K. Right now I am doing a modified version of Couch to 5K but by the end of this challenge I want to begin an official training program. I want to finish the Autism Society Walk in May in under 45 minutes and I want to finish the Breast Cancer walk in October in under 30 minutes.
My goals for the rest of this year
  • I want to run a 7 minute mile.
  • I want to look so hot at my hubby's Christmas party people wonder if he got remarried! LOL
  • I want to be in a size 14 and have to buy a whole new wardrobe for Christmas.
  • I want to complete one more BFL Challenge, officially this time.

No comments: