~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

NRoL4W - Day 1

Today was my first day following NRoL4W. My eating was not on plan but it wasn't so bad, unless of course you count the brownies that were supposed to go to the mechanic but instead half of them got stuck in the pan!!!! (But we're not counting those are we!) I am not really planning on officially starting until Monday but I went ahead and started the workouts today since it was a weights day anyways. My post workout protein shake was quite good since I am no longer limited to water as a mixer. Of course "quite good" is in comparison to the weird gritty green stuff I was drinking last week. Same protein powder, just mixed in a more palatable way. It was really expensive so I am determined to use it!!! LOL (I am so cheap!)

The workout was crazy short, something like 20 minutes. I also don't think I worked hard enough. I know I didn't for my legs but I am still feeling Monday's Plie Squats From Hell and my adductor is killing me. So today's squats were done body weight only and only about 3/4 of the way down. The arm workout consisted of 60 degree push ups and bent rows. I can most definitely lift heavier than I did today on the bent rows. I will need to get bigger dumbbells before next week. As for the push ups, I need to find a better place to do them. I don't have a good place for 60 degree push ups and I am not quite ready for 45 degree push ups. The ab portion was prone jackknife on the ball. I LOVE working on the ball and I have really good balance on it but these things are down right evil!!!

No comments: