~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, February 4, 2008

Running Links

Since I have started the Couch to 5K plan I have been obsessed with all things running. So here are a few useful links to get you started.

Couch to 5K
This a great beginning running program. I have had to add two warm up weeks before starting the program but this program makes starting and maintaining a running program very doable.

Cool Running
The innovators of C25K. They have lots of great information on their site.

Runners World
This is information overload. They have reviews on equipment, how to prevent and treat injuries, beginning plans, techniques, etc.

Active.com
I am still exploring this site.

Running USA
I haven't checked this one out though but at first glance it looks like a great site to find out about races around the country.

Kids Running
The boys have been wanting to run with me so this will hopefully be a good site to get relevant info for them.

Map My Run
This is just cool to play with. It uses Google Maps and you can plot your run to find out how long it is. I was able to plot a 1, 2 and 3 mile run in my own neighborhood.

America's Running Routes

This similar to Map My Run but these are already mapped routes. Type in your city and state and it will list anything that has already been mapped in your area! You can also add new ones.

About.com
I haven't had a chance to read through this one yet. So far everything above has taken my attention!

No comments: