~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Turkey Breakfast Meatballs - My Version

Here are my version of breakfast meatballs.

20 oz ground turkey breast
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 medium red onion finely diced
1 medium to large granny smith apple (1/4 inch dice)
1 tsp maple extract
1/2 cup egg beaters
1 tsp kosher salt
2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs

Mix all ingredients thoroughly and shape into 34 - 1 inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.

Each meat ball has 39 calories, 3g fat, 2g carb and 4.5g protein

What I will do differently next time:
I will probably grate 1/2 the apple and dice 1/2 the apple. I like the contrast in texture of the diced apple but it makes the meatball a bit hard to hold together. I will also try replacing the pecans with 1/4 cup flax seeds. The pecans didn't add the texture I was hoping for and flax seeds are healthier. That will probably help them hold together a bit better as well. Lastly I will add more maple extract, 2 tsp probably. I really wanted that distinct breakfast flavor. Once they cool I will know for sure. It might come through better once they are cold.

No comments: