~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Couch to 5K

Originally posted 1 - 30 - 08

I did my first Couch to 5K run last night. I have never run before so I was very proud that I was actually able to do it. I managed 4 of the 8 reps. I have decided that I will stick with each week's program until I am able to do it all the way through, twice. I am also going to forgo all other lower body workouts until my legs have had a chance to adjust. I think I would have done much better last night had I not done an insane number of squats the day before!

I definitely need better music. I am using Robert Ullrey's podcasts which are great to keep track of pace and time. However, I have a thing for disco music when I work out so I am going to work on a disco version.

No comments: