~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, February 25, 2008

NRoL4W - Stage 1 Workout A2

Today's workout was far more challenging than last weeks. I am slowly sorting out my weights. I am used to programs using more sets so the weights had to be lower to make it through 4, 5 and 6 sets. I am finding a real need to get heavier weights. I think I trip to Play it Again Sports is in the cards for tomorrow as I have maxed out the weights I have. It will be very cool to banish the 5 and 8 pound dumbbells from the rack!! I also really need to invest in a bar. The only problem is my tiny little workout space is not that conducive to a barbell. I think my bent row form would be tons better with a bar!

I did get a chin up bar from Walmart yesterday. It was only 11 dollars and according to the package it will hold 400 pounds. Now hopefully my 35 year old door frames will support my weight. I installed it at hip height just before today's workout so I could do an appropriate 45 degree push-up. It came with 2 sets of brackets so I will be able to move it up to a chin-up height as well. I think it will be a very useful gadget!

Today's workout consisted of:

Squats 2X15 with 20 pounds - I probably could have done more but the boys and I went on a 5 mile bike ride this morning and I am still having some lingering pain from a workout 2 weeks ago. (stupid Plie Squats From Hell!)

45 degree push-ups 1X12 and 1X11

Bent Row 1X15 with 20 pounds and 1X15 with 24 pounds - My lower back feels quit a bit of strain on this one so I really need to look into form here. If it wasn't for my lower back I could lift far more weight.

Step up 1X15 with 10(e) and 1X15 with 12(e) - This is another one that I am unsure of how to proceed. Right now I am using a low step but I am not sure if I should increase my step height or my weight first. Must research that as well!

Prone Jackknife 1X8 and 1X6 - My back gave out before anything else. I think I would do better with this one if I did it first. I am not sure how that would affect things if I changed the order of the exercises??

No comments: