~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, May 30, 2008

Pumpkin Hummus

I have been wanting hummus lately but the carbs were too high for me to fit it into my diet. So I came up with this version that is a little lighter on the carbs. (Sorry, I don't measure spices. Use whatever you want though!)

1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1 can 100% pumpkin
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup olive oil

I seasoned with salt, cumin, chili powder, oregano and grains of paradise. Put all in food processor and process until smooth.

Total carbs are 32g with 13g fiber. Net carbs 19g. The recipe made 3 1/2 cups so if I am doing the math correctly that leaves a bit less than 1.5g net carbs per 1/4 cup serving. It is actually not much better than regular hummus which only had 2g net carbs per 1/4 cup serving. But the pumpkin has lots of nutrients and depending on how much hummus you eat that .5g could add up.

If you are wondering, there is a hint of pumpkin flavor but it isn't overwhelming.

No comments: