~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 12, 2008

Men's Toy Store

We went to PlayItAgainSports yesterday to pick out a Mother's Day present. We got a heavy bag, which we all will use, and I got a new kettlebell. The boys, Kyllian mostly, were climbing all over things and as I was checking out I mentioned that going there was worse than going to the Toy Store. Then the guy who had been helping us piped up with the following gem,

"This is a MAN'S toy store!"

My husband shielded his head, the children ran in fear, the cashier stood there dumbfounded...

I responded with, "WHAT?!!?!". Then, while struggling to get both of his feet out of his mouth, he tried to recover by saying, "Well, not ONLY a man's toy store...."

While he was still choking on his shoelaces I tossed the kettlebell (no, not at his head, although the thought did cross my mind) over my shoulder and asked him to be a gentleman and get the door.

No comments: