~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Warp Speed Day 21

Weight - 223.4

I am calling an end to Warp Speed today.

Overall I really liked the program. It definitely did not provide me with enough recovery time. I will be revisiting the program at a later date and hopefully I will be in a better position to handle the lack of recovery.

I lost 7lbs and 2 dress sizes so I am thrilled with my results even though I didn't finish. Tomorrow I will take final measurements and maybe some pictures.

I will be adopting a TNT approach to diet and moving into a strength focused program. Because I am fairly new to weight training I should still be able to lose significant body fat. I am excited for a change of pace. I have been focusing on fat loss for several weeks now. Although I should probably continue to do so, I think it is time to focus on some new goals for a little while. It will also be nice to do pure strength training during the summer when it is too freakishly hot to do anything remotely cardio related. (To think, people actually vacation here!)

So here are my goals for the next few months.

By September 1st I would like to:
  1. Drop below 190lbs while losing only fat
  2. Deadlift my body weight
  3. Do 5 "real" pushups
  4. Be in a size 14 (last time I was 190 I was in 16 but I think this time around I will be smaller at 190)

No comments: