~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 19, 2008

Warp Speed Day 8

I have completely tweaked the diet. I am eating WAY too much food. I have dropped to a MUCH lower eating plan. I figured my calories for today and they were 2100. I was eating that much on NROL. My RMR is 1527 according to the formula in NROL4W, so that puts my maintainance in the neighborhood of 2200 calories a day on a workout day. So I am only in a 100 calorie deficit right now!!! Normally that would be a fine amount but that is not the point of this program. So I knocked 500 calories off and that is where I am eating for the rest of the week. I just adjusted the meal plans and it still looks like PLENTY of food.

Today I spent much of the morning moving furniture and purging homeschooling supplies so by the time I made it to my workout I was a bit worn out. Bad planning on my part! I got through the lifting portion just fine. I pushed myself really hard on the circuits and then I had nothing left for the intervals. I took a 5 or 10 minute break and tried to go back to them but it just wasn't happening. I did manage to do 20 minutes steady state on the gazelle.

No comments: