~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 12, 2008

Warp Speed Day 1

Well it is too early in the day to comment on the diet but the workout is killer! I was lots of fun! I didn't even mind the lunges. I don't know if that means I am finally strong enough to do lunges or if the reverse lunges are just easier??

I will admit to substituting the chin-up/lat pulldown for pullovers. Until I come up with something better I will have to do that. I can't do chin-ups no matter how much assistance is provided; I simply weigh too much. And since I workout at home, I have no access to a lat pulldown. I will come up with something but for today I subbed pullovers.

I am trying really hard to plan everything ahead of time. I even went as far as writing out what things I need to do each day. I always make fairly detailed menus but I have a bad habit of looking at the clock at 6:30 and have nothing pulled out of the freezer for dinner. So, I end up throwing together some meatless pasta dish instead! So I made a list for each day of things that need to be prepared for the next day or pulled out of the freezer.

Yesterday I hard boiled a bunch of eggs and precooked chicken breasts. Of course, I did this before realizing that all of the weights for the meat are the precooked weight. So now I am trying to find out what percentage is lost when you cook chicken!

No comments: