~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, May 12, 2008

Why so much hostility?

Is it like this when any new program comes out? Seriously! Why do people feel the need to criticize things they don't understand and don't agree with. For that matter how can they criticize something they say they don't agree with when they haven't even read it. And the latest criticism...

I think most of the "experienced" people on these forums could build a pretty similar program using a low calorie, low carb, nutrient timing nutrition plan. And a workout plan that consisted of 3 weight resistance workouts comprised of 1 compound exercise with low reps and heavier loads and metabolic resistance circuits or EDT training. By doing this, would you see the same results as if you did the exact Warpspeed program? Probably not. Would you have a plan that would get you results and not cost $80? Probably so.

News flash! Not everyone is experienced! I'm not experienced. Could I put together a program like this? Probably, after months of research and hours of planning. I am resourceful, afterall. OR, I could give someone with FAR more experience and understanding $80 and they can give me a program that works, is laid out to the letter, leaves no room for error and saves me the time and energy of the leg work. Personally I don't see the problem. I prefer to use my time and energy actually DOING a program than creating a program.

If you can write a better or comparable program then go do it but quit criticizing someone that attaches a price tag to it. Oh, and while I'm at it, quit referring to those of us who "fell for the marketing" as "victims".

Now for those random few who are reading this and wondering why I don't just say this directly to those who are doing the bitching...Well, you see, I am inexperienced and don't have any fancy letter after my name so I don't have anything of value to add to the discussion. SO I will do my complaining here...I feel better. Now I am off to nurse my low carb headache! LOL

No comments: