~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Kettlebell and New Approach

Weight - 221.8

I have been in love with kettlebells since the first time I used them. Ever since that moment I have been trying to work them into my routine. The problem with this approach is that my "normal" routine does not allow for the addition of something as physically taxing as kettlebells. So that has left me with either skipping the kettlebells all together or replacing my "real" workout with a kettlebell workout, thus making it harder and harder to complete my "real" routine.

I came to the realization that my approach is backwards. In stead of doing something that I only sort of, kind of enjoy as my "real" workout and then adding in something that a really love whenever I am able, I need to be doing it the other way around. I should be doing the thing I really love as my main focus and then supplement with other, less interesting, things when I hit a sticking point. So that is what I am going to do.

I keep jumping around trying to find the "right program" and I keep coming back to kettlebells. This time I am staying here! LOL

Part of the reason I came to this decision/realization is because I found myself thinking about how cool it would be to open a kettlebell gym around here. I have also been looking online to find some place to get some certifications. I am thinking of getting my RKC and PT certification. Now I just have to find the program I want!

Now to the "New Kettlebell" part...
I stopped in Play-it-again-Sports today with a Visa gift card burning a hole in my pocket and picked up a 25lbs KB. I am very excited. I finally have 3 bells in incremental weights so I can play with ladders tonight! Some women get excited over a new purse, I prefer new kettlebells! My next purchase will probably be a second 25lber so I can do some double KB exercises.

No comments: