~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, June 27, 2008

The many faces of Intermittent Fasting

I recently posted a review of Eat Stop Eat. It basically was a 24 hr fast twice a week. That, however, is not the only fasting train in town!

There is alternate day fasting, where you fast on every....you guessed it....alternate day.

There is Fast 5 where you fast until 5pm and then have an unlimited eating window for 5 hours.

The Warrior Diet is similar. (I haven't read the book yet so I don't know the differences off hand.)

Then there is LeanGains. From what I can gather it is 16 hours fasting and 8 hours eating window but it is accompanied by very specific macro ratios. (I have heard he is writing a book. I can't wait.)

And then there are those who wing it!

I have become one of those people.

I was doing the Eat Stop Eat plan but I have not been able to fast for 24 hours since I switched to a ketogenic diet. So I have been experimenting with various lengths of daily fasts. A 16/8 split seems to be the magical ratio for me. I fast until 12:30 or so and then have lunch. My eating window is 8 hours from the time I start eating, usually until 8:30. It has been working so far. My macros and calories have been far easier to maintain.

No comments: