~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, June 16, 2008

Yesterday and Deadlifts!

Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day. Instead I did a "I need to pay for my Tiramisu" workout! LOL Actually I knew I was going to eat way too many carbs so I planned a short workout to compensate some. Only some because it will take me a week to work off all those calories!

It was nothing too grand since it was already 9:30 when I started.

100 snatches for time (6:49) with 15lbs.
6 windmills each side with 15lbs.
2 TGU each side with no weight (It was the first time I had done them.)
2 TGU each side with 5 lbs. (And I learned today that I did them wrong. oops!)

Today was deadlifts. LOTS of them. I like deadlifts. It is a goal of mine to be able to out deadlift my husband. Of course he doesn't know this because then he might start taking them more seriously! LOL

Deadlifts ladder with 112lbs. (10, 7, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1)

Kettlebell Circuit done 3 times. 12 two handed swings (25lbs KB) and AMAP Push-ups (12, 10, 8)

I also threw in some KB ladders (15lb, 20lb and 25lb) of one arm swings (6 each side) and high pulls (six each side).

No comments: