~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Can someone give me a swift kick in the a$$??

My motivations for lifting weights is really lacking lately. I think it is because setting up weights and plates for each lift is becoming more and more complicated. My set up is not designed for really heavy lifting and I am getting to the point where I am starting to lift really heavy (for me at least, I know there are people that would not consider a 100lbs deadlift really heavy but I do!).

I was supposed to start NROL Strength 1 this week but the mere thought of having to juggle all of those plates keeps me from even starting! I have been thinking about joining a gym but I just don't think it is in the budget. I did find a gym that I really like. It is a real weightlifting gym that is owned by a woman! I definitely would not have a problem feeling like the freak in the weight room there! It is only $36 a month which is not exactly in the budget but I could probably swing it. The only problem is that I have no where for the kids to go when I workout. That brings me back to the YMCA. The membership is a bit high and I doubt we would qualify for a scholarship since, on paper, we make too much money. Another problem with the Y is that my youngest son had a bad experience there a couple of years ago and has refused to go ever since. I may go down to the Y and see if we can do a trial membership just to see if he will stay in the child watch.

I am not just sitting around twiddling my thumbs though. Today I did a very short (20 min) but very intense kettlebell workout. I went in to start NROL S1 and looked at the weights and decided against it. Then I looked at the kettlebells and decided to throw something together spur of the moment. Basically I picked a swing or exercise and did it as long as I could. Then I switched to something else. I took breaks when I needed to, just long enough to catch my breath and get a drink and went back to it. I did that for 20 minutes. It was fun and if I thought I would be able to stand afterwards, I would have continued! LOL

No comments: