~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Carb Counting Bracelet

I mentioned to a friend that I was having a hard time remembering how many carbs I had eaten and was essentially guessing by the end of the day. She suggested that I buy one of the Weight Watchers Point Counting Bracelets.

So, I looked them up and they are UGLY! (No offense to anyone that has one!) So I checked Etsy and they had prettier ones but I figured I could make one myself. I also didn't like the designs on Etsy.

So we made a trip to Micheal's today and, with $17 in supplies and a few random charms and findings I already had, I made 5 carb counting bracelets. (One must coordinate their jewelry! Anyone who knows me is laughing their head off right now!)

Here's how I did it....









First, your supplies. I made the bracelet to count 30 grams of carbs, so I used 31 beads plus one extra at the beginning and end just for looks. The beads for 0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 are different from the rest to make it easy to count them. You will also need memory wire, 2 jump rings, 2 charms, and one lobster clasp.









Thread all the beads, in the proper order, on the memory wire (do not cut the wire to length yet).









Using a pair of round nose pliers (regular needle nose will work, you just won't get a round loop), make a loop in the end of the memory wire.









Push all the beads towards the loop and clip the wire with about 1 1/2 inches from the last bead.









Make a loop in the other end and the basic bracelet is done.









Next attach the first charm next to (or onto in this case) the 0 gram bead using a jump ring. This is the starting bead and does not move.









Next attach the other charm to the lobster claw clasp using the other jump ring.









Use this charm to track your net carbs by moving the clasp as needed.

No comments: