~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.


Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.


Monday, April 28, 2008

My reflections on my first fast!

First of all it was really easy. Basically I chose to fast from Saturday evening to Sunday evening. We had dinner around 6 on Saturday night and then I didn't eat again until Sunday around 6pm. (I mention my reasons for choosing that time in yesterday's post.) I really didn't have much in the way of hunger until 3:30 and even then it really wasn't much worse than the hunger I typically get at that time of the day.

It was nice not to think about food. I didn't have to worry about eating every three hours, getting protein with each meal, pairing up a protein with each carb or forcing myself to eat breakfast.

I can't say anything about weight loss yet since it was my first fast. I can say that I am hopeful. The scale read 231 this morning. I had been stuck at 233 forever and since I started taking creatine I was hovering around 235. Not to mention, I typically avoid the scale this time of the month anyways because I am usually up 3 or 4 pounds. So all those things, though not conclusive, are very promising.

It was really such a non-issue that not a single person (except those who read my blog) even knew I was doing it, not even my husband. I didn't really keep it a secret on purpose, more to see if anyone payed that much attention! LOL Even the people at church didn't notice when I didn't have refreshments after service.

My energy level was unaffected, however I did not plan a workout on that day. Next time I will be doing the last NROL Fat Loss 1 workout. That will surely test the energy concern. One thing I noticed was that I did not get an energy slump after I ate dinner that night. I was very alert and even walked the dog an extra mile (much to her dismay!). I did have trouble sleeping that night but I really can't blame that on the fast at this point. I don't exactly have the best sleep patterns.

The biggest PIA, if you can even call it that, was how thirsty I was all day. Even after drinking a ton of water I was still thirsty. I am guessing it was because of the lack of water that I would have normally gotten from my food.

I had originally planned on only doing it one day a week for the first month. Mainly because I am a chicken and figured it would be too hard! LOL But it was so easy, I have decided to do it twice a week instead. Wednesday to Thursday is my next plan.

No comments: