~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Not my day

Well, I got jack done today. The kids didn't even finish their schoolwork. The second day of school and we are already behind!

The psychiatrist office screwed up my son's appointment so we ended up in the wrong office. This was AFTER they confirmed the appointment TWICE yesterday. So after sitting in the wrong office for 15 minutes they informed me that we could either reschedule or I could drive to Orange City. Since we have plans tomorrow I opted to drive to OC. They said they would call OC and let them know I was on my way. They didn't. So after a 30 minute drive and 30 minutes of sitting there for them to even look into the waiting room, (It's a psychiatrists office so hovering around the window is strictly frowned upon) she picked up the sign in sheet, crossed Kyllian's name off and closed the window. Twenty minutes later after they called the person who came in after us back I got up and made a nuisance out of myself. She didn't know we were there. :0 When I pointed out that she crossed our name off the sign in sheet she said she thought we were someone else. Huh????? So now it is 1 1/2 hours past our original appointment time with a child who was STARVING, CRANKY and UNMEDICATED. I was not amused.

By the time we got out of there, got food and picked up Drake, dropped the new prescriptions off at the pharmacy and got home it was time to start dinner and attempt to get some school work done.

I did get the dog walked and she was gasping for breath when we got home so evidently it was more intense than usual!

Today was a light day so no major workout was missed so I am not going to worry about it. I may move the windmills to tomorrows workout?? Who knows. We will see what schedule busting disaster tomorrow brings.

No comments: