~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The elusive last set

Maybe it is a mental block or maybe I am just writing a REALLY challenging program for myself??

But, I can not seem to finish the last set of my circuit. I am thinking of switching the order of the circuit. Right now I have snatches as my last set. I LOVE snatches. I can make (and have) an entire workout out of snatches, but I am snatching my heaviest KB and they are HARD!!!!

Here was today's workout:

Working in a circuit:

BW, just shy of ATG Squats (12, 12, 10)

Deadlift, 92lbs (12, 12, 10)

Incline Push-ups (4, 3, 2, 2, 4)

Leg Assisted Ring Pull-ups, heavily assisted! :) (4, 3, 2, 2, 4)

KB Swings, 25 (12, 12, 10)

KB snatches, R&L, 25 (12, 12, X)

It is amazing what not doing quad work for over a month will do to your balance. I am not using weight yet so I don't know if I lost any strength. Honestly, if I did it is probably a good thing. Achieve that quad/ham balance a bit faster! LOL I am planning on keeping the squats BW only for a while. I am not that interested in the knee pain I was having returning anytime soon. For now I will work on full range of motion and perhaps add some light weight down the road.

I think I am going to lower the weight on my deadlifts and switch to Romanians to better isolate the posterior chain. I am really trying to keep quad work to a minimum!

I can't wait until the weather gets cooler so I can move my workouts outside. I want to start doing some sprint/KB combos but I can't do it inside and outside is to miserable right now!

My weight dipped below the 210 mark today. Very exciting. I won't count it official until it stays there a few days. My eating has been very erratic lately and that actually seems to be helping! Calories have been in check but macros are way screwy.

My ever so difficult children interrupted my workout today so I never got my stretching done. I am heading to do that and my bridges now. I may even hit the gazelle or hula hoop when I am done.

No comments: