~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, August 8, 2008

Better now

I finally finished my workout, minus the SS cardio. Just don't have it in me today. I will spend all day tomorrow at a water park chasing my children around who can't swim so I will get plenty of cardio there. I did do my 3 "required" sessions this week already though! And if we are counting my kettlebell workouts as HIIT then I did 1 extra session there.

After my workout was finally finished I made my protein shake and put blueberries in it. I felt instantly better after that. So I guess I need to up my carbs a bit. Blueberries in the protein shake it quite yummy so I guess I can manage! ;P

I completed week 2 of the 100 push-ups program today. I did every one of them I was supposed to. I probably should have waited until tomorrow or Sunday to do my exhaustion test for next week but I knew my weekend was going to be crazy and I would likely not have the energy to do a good job. So, although doing the exhaustion test 4 hours after my workout was not ideal, I was still very happy with my numbers. I did 26 push-ups. I have NEVER done that many push-ups at once before!!! So that put me, BARELY, into the third column. The reps in that column for next week are really intimidating!!! But I am excited. I still haven't tried any big girl push ups yet. I think I will wait until I do my monthly check in for the Open Challenge.

Food will be a bit challenging this weekend. My husband's company is throwing their summer party and suppling food. Chances are it will be bbq style foods; burger, dogs, etc. If I stay with meat items only I should be fine. Hopefully they will have salads and fruit as well. I am packing some snacks but those are mostly for my children since they have some food restrictions! I will sneak in some nuts and maybe some pepperoni crisps. I am also planning on mixing up some coconut oil bark. I should be able to find a bucket of ice to put it in to harden it up.

No comments: