~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where have all the workouts gone?

I haven't been logging my workouts lately. I am lazy and they have been rather unstructured. When you walk into the room, pick up a kettlebell, set the Gymboss and start swinging random exercises for 30 minutes it is hard to remember what you did.

As part of the Challenges on JP Fitness, I am making it my goal to become more structured in my workouts. So I have the next few weeks planned out. Today's workout looks mighty simple on paper but it kicked my butt!!

Single KB front squat, 3 sets of 6 reps on each side with 25lb KB. I was supposed to do 4 sets but I did squats yesterday and by the end of the 3rd set I was done.

KB Highpull (each side) and single arm swing (each side) circuit, 12-10-8-6-4-2 reps with 25lb KB

20 minutes on Gazelle

So there it is. So simple looking. I was so glad to get to the cardio portion and I HATE cardio! LOL

I have a slight fascination with the snatch lately. It is by far my favorite KB exercise. Lately I have been wanting to try a barbell snatch. If only the stupid weather would cooperate. I don't have enough space inside. I would break a window. Imagine explaining that to hubby. He is already convinced that I am going to put a KB through a window one of these days!!

Tomorrow is my rest day so I think I will play around with the barbell snatch with no weight to get a feel for it. I know it isn't technically a rest day then!

No comments: