~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, July 4, 2008

Tabata ROCKS!

I have been experimenting with Tabata style workouts. If you don't know what that is, it is 20 sec of work and 10 sec of rest repeated for a specific amount of time, sometimes as short as 4 minutes.
I did 2 handed KB swings followed by push ups. I lasted 4 minutes! LOL

I also did BSS today. How many people just fell out of their chair reading that?? Come on now be honest!

I have decided that I avoid the exercises I hate too much. So for the month of July I will be replacing my most beloved exercise, deadlifts, with my most hated, BSS. (Actually it was supposed to be lunges but I think I broke my toe a couple of weeks ago and I can't put that much pressure on it right now. BSS run a close second to lunges.) I will also be adding in some steady state cardio after each lifting session in an attempt to shed some of these pounds.

No comments: