~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, September 12, 2008

Weekly Wrap Up

I am usually better at posting my training logs but the last few weeks I have been slacking. Slacking in the logging department not the training department.

I have a new workout partner and we are doing kettlebells in the park on Monday's and Friday's. Wednesday's (every other actually) I am taking a belly dancing class and I am still working through the 100 push-ups plan.

I have been doing push-ups on an incline for three weeks, on my knees for 2 weeks prior to that. Five weeks ago I could not even do a negative push-up without crashing to the ground! Three weeks ago I could do a negative but I could not push myself back up. Last night, after I did my first set of incline push-ups I said screw it and decided to try regulation push-ups. I was able to do 2 in a row and then 3 more in separate sets. An hour later I was able to do 4 in a row. I was so excited. I am amazed at how quickly I have built upper body strength!!!

My goal is to be able to do 10 reg push-ups by the end of the year. I am wondering now if I need to increase that number?????

No comments: