~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ruthless

That was my approach to cleaning out my closet today.

RUTHLESS

I have been having a crisis of wardrobe lately. Ironically, I did not expect this. I wore a size 16 before and had kept much of that wardrobe. Many of the items I loved. However, my body is built a little differently now. While getting dress this afternoon I put on a shirt that should have fit. It looked like a pillowcase with holes cut in it. Actually, a pillowcase might have fit better than this! LOL

So I dumped my entire closet full of clothes on my bed and tried on every piece. (And I mean EVERY piece ;) )

If it didn't fit perfectly, it got ditched!

If it fit but wasn't flattering, it got ditched.

If it was faded or had otherwise 'seen better days', it got ditched.

At least half of my wardrobe is in a pile destined for Freecycle. Then there are the things waiting to be washed that will get the once over later.

I just sent K in to do the same thing because if the man puts on one more shirt that he wore in the 90's I am going to kick his a$$. I am afraid he won't have anything left when he is done! LOL

No comments: