~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Daily Practice

In response to a recent MDC post....

The question was, How do you deal with falling off the wagon?

My response was, get the hell off the wagon; the road is too bumpy anyways!

Seriously, ditch the idea of being "on the wagon" and "off the wagon". The imagery of "the wagon" in weight loss is there because people a "traveling" towards their destination. The destination being their goal weight.

I prefer to think of this process as a "daily practice". A practice that is not entirely focused on weight loss and more focused on manifesting a healthy life. It is also a practice that will go on for a lifetime. Not one that will stop once I reach my desired body composition. I like the term daily practice because it doesn't set up expectations of perfection that are unobtainable. A daily practice, much like someone that has a daily yoga practice or daily Tai Chi practice.

I make the commitment to practice everyday. Each day I will practice a healthy lifestyle. I realize that not every practice is going to be perfect. Things in my practice are going to happen that are not ideal and are not exactly how I want. I will not be at my best everyday. However, everyday I will get up and practice. If today's practice is less than it should be then I will still get up and practice again tomorrow.

And as the quote says above....

Consistent Practice equals consistent progress. (I have seriously been considering getting that tattooed on my body! The question is where??) That's from the Simply Strength blog, BTW.

No comments: