~~~~~~Randy Pausch~~~~~~

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

Consistent practice equals consistent progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dead Last Finish is greater than Did Not Finish which greatly trumps Did Not Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, April 7, 2008

Fat Loss B1

This workout was supposed to be done on Saturday but I could barely walk from the Lunge (evil things!) that I did on Thursday. Sunday was a no go as well. Not only was it Drake's birthday, we had church and I was in charge of refreshments and then that evening I had an "appointment" to get my hair done. So here I am on Monday...

Workout:

Deadlift - I was happy to maintain my weight from the last stage even though I went up in reps!
3X15 @ 98lbs

DB Incline Bench Press - I love this exercise. Most upper body exercises I only feel in one muscle or I am limited in weight due to a very weak area. This was not the case for this exercise. I felt it in multiple areas and was able to do a higher weight than I expected.
1X15 @ 12lbs, 2X15 @ 15lbs

Bulgarian Split Squat - The not so evil but still down right dastardly cousin of the lunge. I was very happy that I was able to do a relatively decent set of these in okay form without any pulling or shooting pains (always a plus!).
1X13 w/ BW, 2X10 w/ BW

Negative Chin ups - I tried to use this as the substitute for the lat pulldowns. I quickly realized that I would be going back to pullovers. I managed to do one set that consisted of me, very ungracefully, slowing my rapid decent to the ground!

Pullovers - So negative chin ups were a no go, back to pullovers. Again, I was happy to see that I did not have to lower weights from the last stage despite the increase in reps.
2X15 @ 20lbs

I seem to be starting a trend that I need to stop. I have not been able to finish the last set on the last super set for weeks now. I don't know if it is mental or if I am just physically exhausted. Well, I know I am physically exhausted. Maybe it is a bit of both. Perhaps my brain just needs to push me to finish the last set regardless of how tired my body is. I am afraid that will lead to me doing something stupid though! LOL

Romanian Deadlift - My first set of this was fine but the second set had abysmal form so I will lower the weight next time.
2X15 @ 78lbs

Swiss Ball Lateral Roll - I didn't find the "roll" part of this hard but my neck got really tired and I had a hard time holding my head and body in proper alignment. The second set sucked.
2X15

No comments: